Aim to complete at least 5000 miles in 2011





Sunday 14 November 2010

Poor kid

Dragged my ass out of bed this morning and hooked up with Richard for a "family ride" with his club. One of the riders had his young kid with him, think he was about 8 or 9, on the back of his tandem. 18 miles later at the cafe, said kid announces "Dad... I can't see anything" and looks decidedly wobbly! I think he was bonking! Anyway, when chatting to his dad I said "are his pedals fixed with yours?"
"Yep!" pronounces his dad. Blimey! no wonder he was bonking... had to cycle at his dad's pace!! LOL. Surprised he hadn't fallen off with exhaustion. O well, can of Coke and a Toffee cake put him right.
35 miles in total for me... probably more for that kid, as I peeled off early and took the short cut home.

No comments: